Wednesday 22 June 2011

Learnings 1

Yesterday I started the day moving stuff to my new desk, then dashed off to Alfreton to meet the furniture fitters who were coming back to finish off.  Next stop Ripley to see a designer and discuss the new Health & Wellbeing zone and exactly where we can situate it!  Needed his advice as a team of us had spent two hours debating it and struggling to envisage how it could work! Then off to Alfreton again to answer lots of questions, talk nicely topeople to get things done and shelve books.  Finished at 5.15 feeling absolutely exhausted only to find a ticket on the car windscreen!  Learnings - don't try to squeeze so much into a day and check where I'm parking!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol, I really hope the opening of Alfreton goes well. We've just been involved in a refurb here in Newcastle and it is exhausting making so many decisions but well worth the while afterwards. I'm curious to hear more about your health and wellbeing zone. What is made up of? Part of my job involves health and wellbeing so I'd be interested to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne – thanks for your e-mail. Our Health and Wellbeing Zones range from whole dedicated areas with a touch screen pod with health information from the PCT to small areas in the midst of libraries. However, the Alfreton one is a corner with slatboarding for leaflets, two bays for all the books, two comfy chairs and a coffee table with screen for a bit of added privacy. We always offer a room somewhere if the PCT Health trainer or Health Champion needs a little more privacy. We have a larger version at Shirebrook with the pod. Our contact for the zones is Kirstie Matkin kirstie.matkin@derybshire.gov.uk and if you are interested in finding out more I’m sure Kirstie will be happy to help. If I can work out how I'll post a photo later.

    ReplyDelete